Area Construction Manager - Charlotte, NC
Position Title: Area Construction Manager
About Century Complete
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Area Construction Manager (ACM) manages construction managers to ensure homes are built to Century Complete’s quality standard, on time, and within budget. This role will directly supervise a portion of the Division’s Construction Manager group and ensure they are properly trained and effective at their job. Ensures construction adherence, quality, and safety is performed on all homes within the Division. Routinely checks neighborhoods to ensure compliance in all designated categories of focus per Company guidelines and maintains a proper subcontractor base.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Recruits and trains construction managers within their Division to meet the strategic business plan.
- Inspects neighborhoods and homes daily as part of a routine inspection process to ensure cleanliness, quality, safety, and schedule adherence are held to the company’s standards.
- Ensure the continuous progress of all homes in production each day to meet the Division’s production goals or problem-solve to overcome challenges encountered.
- Evaluate construction methods and job specifications to ensure the highest quality construction is delivered consistently by all of our trades and vendors.
- Weekly meetings with division staff to ensure accurate home closing dates are established and are achieved per the business plan.
- Trains division construction managers as new staff are onboarded, and in monthly construction meetings on safety and technical topics.
- Ensures a proper subcontractor assignment to deliver schedule adherence, quality, and safety.
What You Have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- People skills to handle conflict articulately and professionally with customers, building inspectors, and trade contractors.
- In-depth knowledge of technical construction materials and methods.
- Ability to design & implement new training modules for builders & subcontractors within the Division.
Your Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years prior management position in Residential Construction Industry.
- Minimum of 5 years within the construction industry, preferably production experience in the first-time home buyer segment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification, accreditation, or job experience.