Land Entitlement Manager
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You'll Do:
The Land Entitlement Manager is responsible for managing land entitlement activities and processes from due diligence to shovel ready for construction. The position supports the Land Department by providing project management, cost analysis, planning, and design assistance, and acts as the primary contact for divisional staff and other departments on assigned projects throughout the initial planning, entitlement and development phases.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the land entitlement/forward planning of Division projects and land in the Charlotte market
- The preparation of entitlement budgets and schedules, density yields, conceptual site plans, and other components necessary to help management make decisions on purchasing land.
- Prepare and/or review easement, development, governmental and legal documents.
- Oversee consultant teams (architects, landscape architects, civil engineers, geotechnical engineers, environmental consultants) for specific projects to ensure timely progression of entitlement process.
- Review civil engineering and other estimates and work directly with in-house land development department and with engineers and municipalities in the design and processing of all civil plans.
- Coordinate all consultant interaction and work directly with various approval agencies including City and County Planning/Engineering/Zoning/Xcel/HOA Departments related to all entitlement processes and other issues that arise.
- Attend all public hearings related to entitlement process.
- Attend all neighborhood meetings to assist and present development plans.
What You'll Have:
- Four-year degree in Urban Planning, Real Estate, Business, or Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Land Entitlement / Forward Planning
- Homebuilding industry experience preferred
- CAD knowledge and experience a plus
- Experience dealing with municipalities and other governmental agencies
- Knowledge of Charlotte land market.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to plan, organize, manage and supervise activities of consulting team.