Market Expansion Manager
Position Title: Market Expansion Manager
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The Market Expansion Manager will be a core member of the “Advance Team” that will work in the Corporate Land Team and other Sr. Leaders to assist with all aspects of Century Complete entering into new markets, including market studies and justification for entering a new market, assisting in identifying land target areas and lot criteria, competition and product analysis and the identification of potential land prospects to closing land transactions. This position will include 50% of travel time as substantial amounts of time will need to be spent in the markets being considered.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- New Market Research – This position will be responsible for preparing internal “Playbooks” for each new market Century Complete is considering going into. These Playbooks include:
- Market studies for new markets, using internal and external data sources and resources.
- Identifying the Supply / Demand for a market
- Identifying and understanding the competition and top builders in the market
- Working with Corporate Purchasing Department to identify top trades in the market and create budgets for product used in the new market
- Work with Advance Team counterpart identifying and underwriting land options, and contracting on finished lots which fit Century Complete’s criteria
- Extract & analyze data from a variety of sources including the MLS, company databases, Metrostudy, LandVision, Zonda, and other external websites
- Review and analyze due diligence information for potential investments
- Prepare pre-acquisition investment briefs and related support material
- Interaction and communication with Sr. Leaders including Corporate President, Region Presidents, Corp VP of Lot Acquisition, Corp VP of Operations
- Assist Corporate Land Acquisition leadership with ad hoc projects as needed which may include investor purchases, build for rent partnerships and multi-market acquisitions
- Assist the Regional Land Acquisition teams in existing markets when needed
- Compile data and present to the corporate team
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- A background in real estate or market research is desired and professional knowledge of the home-building and land brokerage industry is highly preferred
- Must be proficient in MS Office, especially Word and Excel, with exposure to GIS helpful.
- Must be self-motivated and organized
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills are a must
- Proven ability to multi-task required
- Prefer 5 years’ experience in land evaluation, management, and acquisition