Field Application Specialist - St. Louis, MO
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
The Field Application Specialist will provide support to Biomerieux customers inclusive of all BioFire products, system installations & associated upgrades, initial and secondary customer training, field technical troubleshooting in support of the Customer support staff, and overall sales support.
bioMerieux, Inc. is looking for a Field Applications Specialist to join our growing Sales team! This position provides field application support to BioFire customers inclusive of system installations & associated upgrades, initial and secondary customer training, field technical troubleshooting in support of BioFire Technical Support staff and assay add-on for existing customers. Works closely with Sales Managers ensuring customers receive prompt, accurate and professional support to further their business needs. This role will work closely with Customer Support, along with the various production and/or R&D departments in the investigation and resolution of customer issues. This position will play an active role in product evaluations and testing at product transfer.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
2. Support new customers with initial installation and training on purchased equipment.
3. Support existing customers with additional training and technical assistance as needed or as product enhancements are launched that require additional training.
4. Travel up to 80% to interface with customers, attend trade shows, and demonstrate products.
5. Work with direct sales team and distribution partners to increase sales through successful demonstrations of products.
6. Provide feedback to marketing managers targeted at improving the overall product offering.
7. Track all activity in current CRM tool.
8. Respond promptly and accurately to technical support calls or emails as requested by Technical Support function.
9. Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BFDX’s Quality System.
10. Perform basic service applications and LIS interfacing.
Education and Training qualification:
Bachelor's degree in a life science or equivalent discipline required.
2 years of related experience in a laboratory or clinical setting. Candidates with related technical field applications support are strongly preferred. Experience CLIA guidelines and/or additional laboratory crediting agencies.
Should be able to lift and maneuver up to 60 lbs. Should be able to handle the physical stress of frequent travel. This position requires successful completion of background checks, drug screens, and other such consumer reports as necessary for vendor credentialing purposes.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).