Registered Veterinary Technician - Sherwood South Animal Hospital
$500 SIGN ON BONUS!!
Sherwood South Animal Hospital is now hiring a Registered Veterinary Technician to to join their AMAZING team as a Treatment Nurse!
The ideal candidate:
- is an RVT
- possesses superior customer service skills
- has strong communication skills
- works well on a team
- is compassionate and caring
The veterinary technician’s essential functions/duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- IV catheter placement
- IV injections without IV catheters in place
- Interpretation and recording of PCV/TP results
- Set up for anesthesia
- Recovery from anesthesia- extubation, temp regulation, & pain management
- Use of anesthetic monitoring equipment
- Knowledge of basic surgical instrumentation
- Knowledge of basic OR etiquette
- Communicating with clients including going over discharges
- Setting up for specialty surgical procedures such as TPLOs and Fracture repairs
- Calculating basic pharmacology doses
- To anticipate the doctors’ needs and assist with all duties including creating treatment sheets, making estimates and entering charges in addition to treatments and procedures.
Prior experience with Cornerstone is preferred but not required.
Why work at Sherwood South Animal Hospital?
At Sherwood South we provide an emotionally intelligent with a positive work/life balance. We deliver exceptional veterinary care to our patients and superior customer service to our clients. We invest heavily in our employee's growth and happiness. The benefits package we offer is one of the best int he industry and includes health, dental, vision, life, 401k, paid time off as well as pet benefits!
If you are passionate about pets and providing exceptional veterinary care, we want you to join our team!
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!