Kennel Assistant - Laguna Beach Animal Hospital
Laguna Beach Animal Hospital is seeking a Kennel Assistant to join our INCREDIBLE team!
The ideal candidate:
- has strong communication skills
- works well on a team
- veterinary hospital experience is preferred
- bathing, walking, feeding, cleaning, laundry, and assisting the veterinary technicians in restraining and medical procedures.
- Veterinary hospital experience is preferred, but willing to train the right person!
- Looking for ambitious applicants interested in advancing within the veterinary field.
Required skills/experience include, but are not limited to:
- Team player, willing to learn and assist others in daily duties
- Ability to sit, squat, bend, walk quickly, and stand for 6+ hours at a time, be able to lift, pull, restrain, or push 50lbs of weight, reach above head.
- Comfortable bathing, walking, feeding and medicating pets
- A good working knowledge of computers and the ability to learn our database software
- Experience with AVImark is a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have a caring, compassionate commitment to protecting, advocating, and serving pets and their owners.