Ashoka’s vision is an Everyone a Changemaker world, where every person - and young person in particular - has the confidence, ability, and support to become a changemaker for the good of all. In a world defined by rapid change, interconnectedness and uncertainty, and where social problems are deep and urgent, changemaking must become the new literacy.
Such a shift is significant and will require a movement that fundamentally re-examines how young people grow up and learn - in and out of school - and how we see and support them today as change agents. It will require more than any specific curriculum or skill set, but rather a new mindset and new priorities.
Our Theory of Change
Much like what we did with the field of social entrepreneurship, we are seeking to drive a mindset shift in society by helping people see differently. To do this, we are taking collective action with powerful players in education, government, and media who are equally dedicated to our Everyone a Changemaker vision. We cannot reach every child ourselves, but by activating a carefully selected cross-cutting network of collaborators, we can set in motion an irreversible shift towards a future where everyone understands that empathy and changemaking are essential to a child’s success in growing up.
The Engagement Manager is a global role that will contribute to managing Ashoka partnerships towards building an Everyone a Changemaker (EACH) World.
This highly creative, organized collaborator will be responsible for scoping and establish the workflow of the partnership with one or two Ashoka Global partners and donors.
They will oversee the program implementation, leading the design and implementation of the overall partnership, informing product and program design .
The Partnership Manager will coordinate conversations, major deliverables, deadlines, and reporting of all team leads at Ashoka and partners. These sub-teams may include: Resource Development, Global Expansion, Partnerships, Network Engagement and Community Building, Ecommerce, Research, Marketing and Communications
They will also take a critical role on the global expansion coordination of some of our partnerships, supporting Ashoka country teams with project delivery and implementation. This entails supporting the financial management, proposals, reporting, and relaying updates to global donors.
Finally, the engagement manager will create new strategies and identify opportunities to strengthen the work of our Fellows and the relationship with our partners and funders.
- Partner relationship management
- Representation of Ashoka Team and priorities in meetings with partner
- Ensure team alignment around the signed partnership and the way it furthers the strategy of Ashoka and the partner organization
- Align all partnership products with each other and ensure smooth transition
- A good understanding of Ashoka and its vision, as well as the social entrepreneurship field
- Have attention for detail and be highly organized
- Excited about building a sustainable program in coordination with a key, strategic partner for Ashoka
- Believes young people are powerful and not leaders of the future, but leaders right now
- Has excellent communication skills
- Can keep a team on track and ensure everyone is putting forward quality work in a collaborative fashion
- Can keep a level head in times of stress and chaos
- Has a great sense of humor
- Can build a strong rapport with both the partner and the Ashoka team you will be working alongside
- Detail orientated, with an appreciation for mechanics and a thirst for making stuff work
- Eager to solve problems and be proactive. Always thinking 2-3 steps ahead.
- Able to work under deadline, but flexible enough to move fluidly when deadlines shift
- Fluency in English
- Able to meet with a partner based in the eastern time zone of the US
- Able to pass a background check
- Experience working directly with groups of people from different backgrounds and seniority levels, especially from the corporate sector
- Facility with programs like Microsoft Office is essential