Salary: From $70,000 per year
Must be Authorized to work in the US
Ashoka is looking to add an Security Administrator to our technology team supporting operations around the world. The Security Administrator is responsible for deploying, monitoring, and maintaining security infrastructure, analyzing and responding to threats, and ensuring that Ashoka is continually improving its security practice over time. The Security Administrator role is a great opportunity to build your security skills, evaluate new technologies, and try out new ideas and technologies on a global scale.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Configure, deploy, and maintain security infrastructure systems.
- Monitor infrastructure systems and endpoints for security threats and quickly respond when threats are detected.
- Perform vulnerability scanning and facilitate remediation of identified issues.
- Coordinate activities of IT security consultants performing penetration testing and threat simulations among other high-level functions.
- Analyze servers, workstations, and other devices to enhance overall security posture and remediate issues.
- Perform root cause analysis on cybersecurity incidents and recommend improvements to Ashoka’s security posture.
- Oversee training and security awareness outreach initiatives to improve human defenses against cyber threats.
- Other related activities as required.
- Experience with Microsoft 365, Azure, Windows Server, Windows 10, and Mac OS X infrastructure.
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365 Defender and Cisco Firepower security infrastructure.
- Knowledge of log management and SEIM tools and concepts.
- Familiarity with MAM/MDM tools and associated security concepts.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, intrusion detection, incident response, threat analysis, or digital forensics.
- Experience troubleshooting a security event from detection to containment working with digital forensic experts.
- Experience working with help desk ticketing software such as Jira.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to explain security principles and practices to non-technical clients.
- Highly organized, ability to manage time wisely, and prioritize activities.
- Ability to learn quickly through accessing a variety of resources such as existing documentation and on-line resources
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team