Ashoka - Finance and Strategy Manager, Global Venture/Fellowship
Our vision and understanding of the world comes from Ashoka’s experience in pioneering the field of social entrepreneurship over the last 35 years—finding, selecting, and supporting the world’s leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows). The network of more than 3,500 Ashoka Fellows is implementing system-changing solutions to human and environmental problems in 85 countries. Our work with Ashoka Fellows helps us see patterns of social change across various fields, providing key levers and a new framework for living in the world as a changemaker. We help people see the world differently so they can do differently, fully participating in the new environment. For example, Ashoka is building and activating networks to create fundamental changes in the growing up experience of children and young people so that they practice empathy and changemaking.
About the Role
The Ashoka Global Venture and Fellowship team is responsible for the search, selection and engagement of Ashoka Fellows across the world. Our team works with over 36 offices to elect Fellows from upwards of 90 countries every year. We are looking for an energetic, collaborative problem-solver who is looking to learn about the world of social innovation and help support our international team. We are looking for someone with strong financial understanding, attention to detail and ethical thinking and the capacity to maintain the integrity and the financial health of the team. Specifically, we are hiring someone to work closely with our DC-based Global Venture/Fellowship Team to support on the financial management of the team.
- Oversee all Venture & Fellowship finances and coordinate with the Global Finance department to carry out, develop and improve finance operations and processes.
- Train country office staff in financial best practices and assist program head with managing the team’s equity, mentorship and professional development.
Financial Accounting and Budgeting
- Track, evaluate, and manage global program expenses and cash flow and financial health.
- Gather data for financial analysis and monitoring.
- Collaborate with global offices to create, maintain, and manage country budgets and grants.
- Produce financial/budget reports and optimize report generation. Give presentations as required by funders and senior leadership.
- Conduct research and gather data in response to inquiries from internal and external engagements.
- Support the Global Finance team with yearly audits related to Global Venture and Fellowship activities
- Data analysis ideally Power BI reporting or similar for team metrics
Contribute to the development of Venture/Fellowship’s strategies, annual target management and forecasting, and global program integration under supervision of the program director.
Contribute to global fundraising engagements. Because we are always seeking to match our talent with organizational needs, Ashoka may change your job assignments at any time.
The ideal candidate will be immensely curious about the world - eager to learn about what solutions people have to solving the challenges they face. A successful candidate will be detail-oriented, with a strong financial background, highly analytical, have the ability to multitask, and create order within a dynamic and ambiguous environment. We are looking for someone who is organized and enjoys organizing, creating systems and infrastructure that enables teammates to thrive. The ideal candidate would have a high degree of social and emotional intelligence and multi-cultural sensitivity to work effectively with and support colleagues from diverse socio-political and cultural contexts.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, or similar.
- Three to Five years' experience, preferably in non-profit finances .
- The ideal candidate would have basic proficiency in at least one other language.