Ashoka - E-2 Grant Writer
The Strategic Entrepreneurship Partnerships group at Ashoka identifies, nominates and onboards visionary entrepreneurial founders leading high impact, high growth businesses around the world. These entrepreneurs have changed the pattern in their sector or industry, want to invest in social good and have a genuine interest to help further Ashoka’s mission of Everyone a Changemaker (EACH). Working alongside Ashoka’s Leadership Group Member, the development officer will be responsible for writing concept notes and proposals and manage the grant development and proposal submission process and timeline.
Over its 40 years of operation, Ashoka has identified and supported around 3500 systems-changing social entrepreneurs ("Ashoka Fellows"). Social entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs have the same DNA. In many cases, both want to unleash their purpose for the good of all.
Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to grasp complex information and terminology and simplify it for the benefit of an external audience, must be able to work independently and as a team player while managing numerous projects simultaneously.
The Grant Writer will:
- Write proposals based on research conducted on potential donors interests and giving capacity and crafting proposal language that resonates with their legacy and purpose.
- Maintain close links with other groups across Ashoka to ensure we are addressing the most important areas the donor is interested in.
- Occasionally attend virtual meetings with donors.
- Attend feedback session to make revisions suggested by team.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Successful track record of writing successful concept notes and proposals for individual donors (not only foundations or other organizations).**
- Strong written and communication skills, ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals.
- Resilience and the ability to accept constructive feedback.
- Exceptional research, organization and communication skills
- Personal experience with changemaking.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and innovate effectively in a fast-paced, unstructured environment.
- Be visionary and strategic but with a strong attention to detail.
- Personable and interacts well with co-workers, partners and the entire Ashoka community.
- Strong intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated commitment to social change.
**Include in your application examples of successful grants, amounts, to whom and dates. Also sample concept notes and/or grant proposals.**
This is a 6 month remote contract position with the possibility of extending to 12 months.