Creative Content Strategist & Writer
We’re looking for a creative and prolific writer to join Ashoka’s in-house creative agency for a one-year term. This role requires significant research and synthesis regarding the impact of our Fellows’ work for annual publications. You must have a passion for social entrepreneurship given that your writing will promote and expound on the impact of our Fellows’ work. You must be an effective storyteller using succinct and strategic language to capture the attention of our donors.
Creative Studio Creative Content Strategist & Writer
We’re looking for a creative and prolific writer to join Ashoka’s in-house creative agency for a one-year term. This role requires significant research and synthesis regarding the impact of our Fellows’ work for annual publications. You must have a passion for social entrepreneurship given that your writing will promote and expound on the impact of our Fellows’ work. You must be an effective storyteller using succinct and strategic language to capture the attention of our donors interested in the measurable impact of our social enterprise initiatives. You will also support concept development and marketing for global programs that promote our “Everyone is a Changemaker” philosophy.
Your primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with The Creative Studio team members on annual publications and ad hoc copy
- Adapting to changes in format, media, design, and advertising strategies as priorities shift
- Writing across a variety of project types, including digital/traditional/trans-media advertising, as well as branding and concept development
- Partnering effectively to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality copy that address all relevant client and agency requirements
- Providing mentoring and guidance to junior & intermediate team members
Experience, skills, and requirements:
- B.A. in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 – 4 years of experience as a professional writer
- Proven ability to think conceptually and collaboratively
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships in an international context
- Keen time management skills and ability to juggle competing deadlines
- Passionate about social entrepreneurship topics
- Capable of initiating and conducting thorough research to understand and better explain the ideas behind each Fellow’s social impact ideas
- Ability to succeed with minimal supervision
- Creative & self-driven mentality
Please make sure to attach writing portfolio.
Ashoka is the global association of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs. Ashoka has been pioneering the field of social entrepreneurship for 35 years—finding, selecting, and supporting the world’s leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows). Our network of over 3,000 Ashoka Fellows is successfully implementing system-changing solutions to human and environmental problems in almost every area of need, in 90 countries. By learning from and collaborating with social entrepreneurs, we identify patterns and key levers to help society gain a new framework for living in the world as a changemaker. We believe that everyone should be enabled with the qualities that define a social entrepreneur. Building on our extensive experience with social entrepreneurs, we build and activate networks to create fundamental changes in the growing up experience of children and young people so that everyone can become a changemaker. We are investing in the people and patterns of collaborative entrepreneurship that are necessary in an Everyone a Changemaker world.
Ashoka is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion. Women, minorities and foreign nationals with I-9 employment status are encouraged to apply.