Rightpoint, a Genpact company (NYSE: G) is a global experience leader. Over 12 offices work with clients end-to-end, from defining and enabling vision, to ensuring ongoing market relevance. Our diverse teams lead with empathy, data and creativity—always in service of the experience. From whiteboard to roll-out, we help our clients embed experience across their operations from front to back office to accelerate digital transformation through a human-centric lens. Rightpoint has been recognized among the top customer experience consultancies in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Experience Strategy Consulting Practices, Q4 2020.
Are you someone who wants to inspire change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with encouraged and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!!
Brief About Role
The Senior Data Engineer, Analytics role falls into the Data Engineering practice within the Systems and IT department. The Senior Data Engineer focuses on building cutting edge, strategic data and analytics solutions leveraging BI solutions. You will use your experience in data engineering and data visualization to work with RP business units including Finance, IT, Operations, People Potential (HR), Sales, Marketing, and Delivery practices to help them become more data driven by providing timely, trustworthy data and insights.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for building and creating data visualization, business intelligence reports and dashboards.
- Work with business leadership to define business intelligence requirements, Key performance indicators (KPI), priorities and data solutions.
- Contribute as part of the Systems and IT Data Engineering team to the enterprise data analytics and reports.
- Accountable for facilitating data gathering, requirement analysis, data analysis and building reports.
- Hands-on development of Power BI dashboards
- Ensure proper standards, policies and procedures are followed.
- Leverage data to provide meaningful insights to business leaders and use BI tools to support operational processes by delivering data visualization reports and dashboards.
- Utilizes an advanced understanding of multiple data structures and sources to lead the design, development and implementation of decision support solutions, which may include data visualization, business intelligence, or data collection.
What We’d Like to See:
- 5+ years demonstrated advanced proficiency in data, analytics, and BI development.
- 5+ years demonstrated understanding of database technology, SQL, and data warehousing design patterns
- Track record of creating effective reports and dashboards in Power BI
- Interest in thinking broader than data visualization, curiosity to expand skills to other forms of analytics and data applications.
- At least 4-year hands-on work experience with Microsoft Power BI, experience of working in AAS environment will be Plus.
- Experience in optimizing Microsoft Power BI dashboards with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization.
- Solid understanding of the following concepts
- Data visualization
- Data modeling
- Data warehousing
- ETL Design and Development
- Data lineage, integrity, and validation
- Data quality / clean up
- Relevant hands-on development experience in the following:
- Design and develop reports and dashboards using PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, amongst others.
- Design and develop database stored procedures, functions, views and queries using various SQL standards (e.g. T-SQL, PL/SQL, etc.)
- Design, develop, tune and maintain ETL packages using ETL tools such as SSIS and Azure Data Factory
- Hands on experiences with Azure tools or their analogues AWS / Google cloud tools (this is not an exhaustive list)
- Information Management: Data Factory, Data Catalog, Event Hubs
- Data Storage: Azure Blob Storage, Azure Database, Azure Data Lake Storage
- Big Data Solution: Azure Data Lake Storage / Analytics, HD Insight, Azure Data Warehouse
- Azure Analysis Services
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- 30 Paid leaves
- Public Holidays
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Family medical insurance
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including Diwali Party, Team Parties, Team outings, etc.
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.