Business Development Representative - Federal/Public Sector
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating in over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The Business Development Team
As part of the Inside Sales organization, and our growing Business Development team, you will be in a unique position to impact the future direction the company takes. With approximately 45,000 customers worldwide you will have access to a rich user community to help inform your decisions. Our highly collaborative environment means you will be working with a diverse group of talented people continuously innovating and improving.
The Business Development Representative for US Public Sector will initiate sales opportunities and assist customers in product questions and or concerns in order to deliver a successful sale and a satisfied client.
How you will spend your time as our next Business Development Representative?
- Outbound identification and development of land and expand opportunities within assigned accounts
- Convert new leads into opportunities for the broader Qlik Public Sector team. Timely conversion and follow up of new leads.
- Assess prospective client needs, determine value, and hand-off to Qlik field sales resources for follow up and close
- Maintain a pipeline of early stage leads
- Maintain customer and opportunity data in CRM system
- Build strong communities within the territory base using digital and social channels
- Future potential to close smaller opportunities, as agreed upon with management, and as needed to support the team.
You will be successful if you have
- The ability to work with a regional team toward a territory plan
- Strong marketing orientation and business acumen.
- High ability to influence at all levels
- Experience prospecting into Enterprise accounts.
- The ability to build communities within the territory.
- Tenacity/Intensity and results orientation.
- A strong customer focus. Customer Centric Selling experience is an asset.
You will thrive if you
- Are experienced with 1-2 years of Inside Sales Experience
- Have a 2-year Diploma or Degree
- Have strong communication skills
- Are skilled at running your own presentations without technical assistance
- Are able to work on the phone and computer for extended periods
- Are proficient with Salesforce.com, MS Windows, and MS Office
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is located in DC Metro area. If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome with your complete application in English. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form