Customer Success Engineer
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 12 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
What makes you Qlik?
We are looking for a Senior Customer Success Engineer
The Customer Success Engineer will work alongside Customer Success managers to provide system architecture and development strategy advice to our customers, ensuring that implementations are timely, successful, scalable, secure according to best practices.
You will support and advise Qlik’s customers to integrate the Qlik platform within enterprise deployments, integrating third-party products while leveraging on-premise and cloud platforms to assure high performance and availability. In order to do so you need to be comfortable with the concepts of “dev-ops” methodologies, scripting and security.
How will you spend your time as our Customer Success Engineer?
- Deliver and lead customer engagements in-person and via web-based tools
- Conduct periodic reviews of customer operations, including documenting findings and recommendations, and presenting to customers
- Provide advice to customers to assist with designing and provisioning secure and scalable Qlik environments for on premise and cloud-based platforms (AWS or Azure).
- Understand Qlik’s in-memory data discovery architecture and advocate and communicate adherence to Qlik’s best-practices and standards.
- Scope of role focuses:
- Supports and advises customers with implementing, troubleshooting, and optimising and leveraging on-premise, cloud and hybrid solutions
- Supports and advises customers to design solutions capturing and analysing data from big data technologies to make data-driven decisions
- Review support cases logged with Qlik Support and other customer reported issues to drive resolution and proactively identify service improvement opportunities
- Work closely with all Qlik internal teams to ensure successful customer deployments
- Ability to travel up to 30%
You will be successful if you have
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with internal and/or external clients in the delivery of infrastructure solutions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong client-facing consultative skills, able to act as a customer advocate
- Understanding and experience working in Windows and SaaS environments
- Knowledge of data modelling and extract, transform and load (ETL) processes
- Familiarity with server hardware selection, design and troubleshooting
- Understanding of enterprise platform topics such as High Availability, Load Balancing, and Storage
- Understanding of networking and firewall concepts
- Knowledge of deploying and managing applications in cloud environment (AWS or Azure)
- Exposure to designing and deploying complex solutions on-premise and in the cloud
- Understanding of application layer protocols, such as HTTP/S, TCP/IP, UDP and Web sockets
- Exposure to SSO-related software such as ADFS, SiteMinder, OpenSSO, Auth0, Okta or other SAML providers
- Understanding of enterprise platform security and concepts
- As this role can work with customers in countries other than Japan, business level English is highly desirable
The role is in Japan
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.