Environment Concept Artist
At Firewalk, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative team of amazing creators are crafting new worlds that ignite imagination and connection. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art that captures the joy of playing together.
We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment. We’re actively looking to add visionary creators who thrive in an environment where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team.
Firewalk is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios who recently raised $250 million to secure our future and our team with the benefits of a long-lasting career.
Our studio is looking for an Environment Concept Artist who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Environment Concept Artist is responsible for creating compelling, original environment concept art and helping our team achieve their aesthetic vision.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are personally driven to achieve excellence in concept art, with a unique focus on environments.
- You find it deeply satisfying to work collaboratively to create new worlds and locations.
- You enjoy working closely with designers, writers and environment artists to ensure that each location design is an enjoyable interesting space to play in.
- You are passionate about using unique, creative angles to explore architecture and biomes.
- You have a large visual library to draw upon that extends beyond referencing other video games for inspiration.
- You are an excellent communicator both verbally and visually; whether working on a detailed, finalized environment design or a quick, simple napkin sketch to assist another team member.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with players because you are a gamer at heart.
- You have shipped at least one successful AAA title from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- You have a strong sense of industrial design and architecture.
- You have some 3D modeling skills
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Meeting with our Lead Level Designer, Lead Pallet Artist and Lead World Artist to review your most recent work.
- Working alongside Pallet Artists for paint overs of in game assets.
- Jumping into the playtest sessions to evaluate how your environment designs are working in context of the game.
- Meeting with your team manager to plan your career goals for the next year.
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS™ STUDIOS
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games. We have built a sustainable development process that is committed to providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
While each of our studios has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating, all of them are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.