Director of Quality Engineering
ProbablyMonsters is a AAA independent video game company that aims to change the way games are made. We unite a diverse roster of development teams in a healthy, rewarding culture. We believe empowered creators build the most engaging games and deliver the best player experiences.
We are seeking a Director of Quality Engineering who is experienced in the technology side of Quality Assurance.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have worked on large scale game projects and managed the technical QA team therein
- You have a passion for Quality Assurance and are able to advocate for quality at all levels in the organization.
- You have a strong desire to own a technology vision for a company and to build your team to deliver it
- You are both a technical and people leader.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead the team of software engineers to iteratively design and implement efficient technical solutions that empower QA
- Build a partnership with the Studio General Managers and their technical leaders, establishing trust and credibility with partners.
- Understand the future of AI as it impacts Quality Assurance and develop the corresponding roadmap.
- Collaborate with other QA leaders to define the QA vision, mission, and strategy; then shape plans to achieve those goals.
- Build and oversee the necessary Automation Labs
- Develop an Automation Test Framework.
- Partner closely with all QA teams to understand their requirements while promoting best QE practices
- Define QE goals and OKRs for PM test automation strategy and the targets to achieve.
- Maintain excellent technical practices, e.g. refactoring, minimizing technical debt, unit testing, with a focus on continuous improvement
- You will promote a development culture of healthy accountability, maximizing potential and pride in accomplishments.
- Coordinate with academia (i.e. Texas A&M) on partnerships around software quality innovation
- Minimum 15 years’ experience working on AAA PC and Console games as a Quality Assurance Leader, with preference to those in QA technical leadership roles.
- Experience designing and developing test automation solutions.
- Experience in a AAA live services QA environment.
- Experience in developing strategic technical roadmaps.
- Experience in building staffing plans and managing departmental budgets.
ProbablyMonsters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- We provide a rich benefits package:
- Medical Coverage - health, dental, and vision paid at 100% for the employee and dependents are subsidized by the Company.
- Healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) with an annual contribution by the Company.
- Paid holidays and vacation, bereavement leaves, and parental leave.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part-time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company.
- This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, exempt (salaried) position.
- The full salary range for this position is $147,800 - $221,700 per year. The upper third of the salary range is typically reserved for existing employees who demonstrate strong performance over time. When an offer is made, many factors are considered, such as your unique experience and skills, where you live, where the work will be performed, what similar jobs pay, internal equity, and what you're looking for.
- In addition to base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for additional incentives, such as a sign-on bonus and short- and long-term incentives. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.