Senior Technical Writer
About ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
• Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
• Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
• Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
We are looking for a seasoned, world-class Senior Technical Writer to join our Platform Engineering teams in building systematic improvements that support all teams company-wide. In this key role, you will enable our studios to easily understand our technology through high quality documentation. This role will require strong coordination across all of our teams, a solid understanding of our goals, and the insight to evolve our documentation along side our technology.
Who You Are
- You put people first, every time.
- You emphasize collaboration, both within your team and with other teams.
- You love games and the game industry, and you dream of revolutionizing the way games are made.
- You proactively seek out thoughts from those who aren’t the first to speak up.
What You Will Do
- Lead the effort to define the “voice” of our team’s documentation in a way that brings clarity, consistency, maintainability, and ease of use.
- Establish the foundation of how we approach communicating the details of what we do in the platform engineering teams. This critical work encompasses everything from helping us standardize our current documentation to building strategies that will enable our documentation to evolve as we scale our teams and technology.
- Engage the platform team to scope out all of the details needed before documentation can begin.
- Champion quality documentation habits that will improve how we write and consume information throughout the technical group.
- Create, maintain, and enforce an internal technical documentation style guide.
- Create, organize, and maintain an internal documentation library for the platform team.
- Train our engineers to effectively participate in our documentation projects by collecting and communicating the important details of their work.
- 5+ years in a technical writing capacity.
- Experience working as the sole tech writer.
- Familiarity with project management tools like Jira, Project, etc.
- Experience explaining technical topics to a non-technical audience.
- Practical knowledge of project management methodologies, Kanban, Scrum, Agile, etc.
- Familiarity with Confluence, markdown, HTML, CSS, or other technical documentation languages.
- Familiarity with Unity, Unreal, or any in-house game engine.
- Understanding of C++ source code.
- Experience working with content creators (designers, animators, artists).
Our Commitment To You
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.