At Firewalk, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative team of amazing creators are crafting new worlds that ignite imagination and connection. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art that captures the joy of playing together.
We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment. We’re actively looking to add visionary creators who thrive in an environment where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team.
Firewalk is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios who recently raised $250 million to secure our future and our team with the benefits of a long-lasting career.
Our studio is looking for a Producer who is incredibly excited about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. You are responsible for evangelizing our development philosophy, refining our processes, keeping us focused, and connecting the dots that inform our successes and failures. In addition, you are a strong advocate for keeping our projects predictable, on time, within budget, and as accurately scoped as possible.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are excited about helping our team members achieve their creative vision and believe in player focused development, where gameplay quality usually is prioritized first.
- You are practiced at consulting with a broad range of different perspectives to build consensus on the best way forward.
- You have a finely honed product sense and can confidently recognize success in the build when you see it.
- You can draw complex information from teammates to forecast where we're heading, spot trouble that might arrive, and help the team to address it.
- You have extraordinary expertise in successfully debugging and refining development processes. You love helping people find a better way to work.
- You are an active listener, aren’t afraid to ask questions, and are eager to help a team get more organized, or to communicate better.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players, because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Working with the lead producer on a risk mitigation plan in case we miss a short-term project goal you helped develop.
- Gathering feedback and working with leadership to improve a critical process for a feature team.
- Onboarding a new associate producer on our best practices.
- Running a cross-functional meeting to come to alignment on a feature decision.
- Informing updates to the project roadmap based off new information you've absorbed from the team.
- Speaking with test to understand scope better for a complex feature.
- Preparing an objective list to drive the prioritization and negotiation of a collaborative cross-functional milestone plan.
- 3-5 years experience in production or project management in game development, or equivalent experience in game development in a different discipline (i.e. as a team discipline lead)
- You have shipped at least one title, or equivalent game development experience
- You are very experienced with at least one software development production process, Agile certification or training a plus
- You have expert level understanding of at least one project tracking software suite such as Jira, TFS, Shotgun or Hansoft
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS™ STUDIOS
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games. We have built a sustainable development process that is committed to providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
While each of our studios has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating, all of them are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.