Senior Build and Release Engineer
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for a Senior Build and Release Engineer to join our release management team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing our source control systems, making the build farm hum like a well-oiled machine, and taking our continuous integration/delivery systems to the next level.
Who You Are:
- You are respectful, trustworthy and approachable.
- You have many years of experience managing source control, build farms, and CI/CD systems (preferably for “AAA" game development).
- You are passionate and effective at working with others.
- You are driven to achieve excellence in technology.
- You have deep experience in and knowledge of automation and continuous integration technologies.
- You are well versed in the internals of operating systems and the underlying infrastructure needed to support performant systems.
- You are an expert troubleshooter who is comfortable diving into complex systems.
What You Will Do:
- Design and deploy CI/CD systems to support the development needs of multiple game studios.
- Manage all aspects of large scale source control depots.
- Build and maintain build system infrastructure used by the studios.
- Participate in the qualification and selection of underlying virtual/physical hardware needed to support the expected scale.
- Work closely with studio engineering teams to ensure integrations of new engine versions are efficient and problem-free.
- Ensure systems being deployed are supportable at a production level.
- At least 5 years of experience working with source control and build systems in production environments.
- At least 5 years of experience writing and debugging code in at least one language.
- Solid understanding of both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues and isolate problems quickly.
- Experienced in performance tuning and scaling production build systems.