About ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
• Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
• Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
• Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers .
The Product Group is responsible for the end-to-end success of our family of studios within our ecosystem, accelerating development and providing vision, support, guidance, tools, and processes to solve common development challenges, allowing teams to focus on making amazing games.
We are looking for a General Manager to join our team. As a General Manager, you will build, manage & mentor 'AAA' product development teams across game genres to success. These development teams will report to you and will rely on your ability to articulate effective goals, constraints, and direction to succeed. You will be responsible for incubating teams from scratch, helping train them toward self-reliance, and hold them accountable for their team health & product results. You will also utilize the collective expertise of the entire company to better direct teams to service the needs of product portfolio and broader cultural goals.
Who You Are
- You see ‘people’ in every choice we make, be it our players or our teammates
- You are one of the most proven incubators of successful game teams & IPs in the industry
- You have a profound ability to reliably diagnose and fix an extremely broad range of development team & product issues
- You have a unique gift in helping development teams continuously pursue the best version of themselves and their games
- You have a unique passion for game development, great player-experiences, & building healthy game teams
- You know how to build the "right-size, inspiring box" for product leaderships teams, balancing your direction & good constraints
- Your primary measure of success is how much self-reliance & fulfillment you create for your teams toward shared goals
- You can help even the most talented leaders grow
- You are a world-class reviewer of product & team results against product portfolio goals and can help others see what is truly important
- Your direction is exceptionally consistent, rigorous, reliable, and outstandingly articulated
- You are exceptional at arbitrating difficult trade-offs between multiple products & stakeholders, balancing rigor, buy-in, and expedience
- You are literate enough in most game development disciplines to effectively judge how to better organize them, better service their people needs, and discuss trade-offs between product needs
- You thrive in ambiguity & complexity to such a degree people can rely on you to connect dots across teams few others could see
What You Will Do
- Hire, train, & manage multiple development leadership teams to incubate new games
- Set high-level goals & constraints with regards to our portfolio needs and review their work against them
- Facilitate their ability to make the most of our entire company's ecosystem & resources
- Work with our portfolio team on business needs & strategy
- Build & iterate on effective metrics for measuring team & product health across teams
- Use the expertise, best practices, & needs of the entire company to better inform product goals & guidance
- Protect your development team's ability to focus & execute
- Build bridges & share insights across game & non-game teams
- Shipped at least two successful games from incubation to ship in a senior product role
- Incubating at least two healthy game teams from scratch
- Multiple years of training managers of game dev's to success
- Multiple years of training managers of managers to success
- Business development expertise
- Unreal engine experience
- Live game experience
- Extensive coaching & management training
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.