Senior Gameplay Designer
At Cauldron, we are passionate about empowering gamers to become the hero of their own adventures. We believe that a great story unites a global community together, and we are excited to bring the best creative talent in interactive entertainment to bring these stories, your stories, to life.
Proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios, our team is working on an unannounced, original AAA Adventure game and eagerly welcomes those interested in learning through collaboration, and pushing the boundaries of their craft. We are currently looking for a world-class Senior Gameplay Designer to join our design team. You will author and drive the implementation for and maintain major systems that drive the user experience.
Who You Are:
- You have a passion for crafting gameplay scenarios that create player experiences.
- You are very organized.
- You are hands-on and resourceful; you love to build the player experience out of any asset or resource you can.
- You prefer collaboration with a cross-disciplinary team to work alone.
- You deal well with ambiguity, helping the team define the parameters of what makes a ‘quality experience’ for the player.
- You want to tell a story in everything you create.
- You think of an experience in terms of the spatial, as well as logical.
- You are a strong systemic thinker.
What You Will Do:
- Take all available content and systems at your disposal to create scenarios that, strung together, build a dynamic player experience
- Drive additional asset requests, and work together with the combat, world, and narrative teams to posit alterations to existing assets.
- Build, test, respond in the software as you iterate to the ‘fun’.
- Work with Design Director, Systems Designer, and Engineering on tuning systems that deliver the scenarios you create to the player.
- Work alongside the world art team on developing spaces in the world to deliver your content.
- 5+ years of game design experience, with singular ownership of mission-based, level-based, and or systemically delivered content in a given product.
- Possesses an understanding of how different development disciplines work and how their inputs contribute to feature development.
- Experience in Level Design is a plus.
- Modeling experience is a plus.
- Experience with implementing narrative elements a plus.
- Significant skill in communicating design concepts effectively, in written, visual, and verbal format.
- Proficiency with Unreal 4, and authoring Blueprints is a must.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next-generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at Cauldron are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Learn more at www.probablymonsters.com/careers