Senior Progression Designer
At Firewalk, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative team of amazing creators are crafting new worlds that ignite imagination and connection. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art that captures the joy of playing together.
We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment. We’re actively looking to add visionary creators who thrive in an environment where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team.
Firewalk is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios who recently raised $250 million to secure our future and our team with the benefits of a long-lasting career.
Our studio is looking for a Senior Progression Designer who derives joy from games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Senior Progression Designer, you will be responsible for driving the design and iteration of our progression systems and game economy.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an accomplished progression or economy Designer. You have an impressive portfolio of shipped experiences that demonstrate your knowledge and skill.
- You are love making reward systems that keep players engaged.
- You take pride in your ability to work cross-discipline and your excellent communication skills keep everyone in the loop.
- You have experience with progression design tools and are comfortable collaborating directly with tools engineers to ensure workflows are efficient. (e.g. Excel, Tableau, Datawrapper, custom).
- You have experience working on Live games, understand their impact on game development, and you can plan and design a scalable progression system to accommodate accordingly.
- You understand player motivation and how reward loops impact player experiences.
- You find time to play video games and empathize with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Working directly on a new reward design.
- Tuning progression curves and using tools to simulate the player experience.
- Helping UI artists to communicate all the important information in an exciting way.
- Playtesting the game and giving candid notes on how we can improve it.
- Working with other designers to update the design for our meta systems.
- You have shipped at least two titles from start to finish, or equivalent live game/mobile development experience.
- You have strong knowledge and experience of modern Progression Design.
- You have experience successfully designing excellent Progression Systems.
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS™ STUDIOS
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games. We have built a sustainable development process that is committed to providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
While each of our studios has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating, all of them are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.