Senior Site Reliability Engineer
About ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
• Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
• Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
• Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
We are looking for a seasoned, world-class, Senior Site Reliability Engineer for our Live Operations team to help drive tool and process improvements that drive operational excellence all teams companywide. In this role, you will be a part of the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Team, building technology to solve the studios' immediate operational needs balanced against the eventual goal of having robust, scalable services to support live games and the core services, teams. This role will require strong coordination with our partner studios, a fundamental knowledge of live operations, and the agility to change our path when the need arises.
Who You Are
- You take pride in writing high-quality software
- You prefer building technology that can support multiple games
- You can dig into problems in foreign codebases, solving difficult problems under pressure
- You have a broad set of skills necessary to troubleshoot live breaking problems and continue to seek new ones
- You care deeply about the player experience
- You promote a culture of quality, reliability, and player-focus with an open mind
- You enjoy learning and sharing your knowledge with others
What You Will Do
- Be a part of the Site Reliability Engineering team with a focus on engineering, mentorship, and quality
- Contribute to the vision, strategy, and goals of the team
- Work with leaders and engineers across the company to understand needs, then work with lead to align priorities and deliver necessary technologies for multiple products at scale
- Deliver high quality software solutions to solve operational problems
- Define, improve, and advocate team standards, workflows, and rituals
- Create visibility and clarity into the health and status of platform technologies
- Own and communicate architecture and designs
- Work alongside studios to improve operational performance
- Put people first, every time
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer, with deep practical knowledge in Incident Response and Technical operations
- 2+ years of mentoring others within Engineering roles
- A working knowledge of ITIL fundamentals
- Capacity to collaborate with other disciplines to take high-level goals, and translate them into clear, measurable tasks
- An unwavering passion for the player experience
Our Commitment To You
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.