ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our studio is looking for a Producer who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. You are responsible for evangelizing our development philosophy, refining our processes, keeping us focused, and connecting the dots that inform our successes and failures. In addition, you are a strong advocate for keeping our projects predictable, on time, within budget, and as accurately scoped as possible.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have the communication skills necessary to push developers to be decisive and take on hard choices without creating long-term resentment or friction.
- You are excited about helping our team members achieve their creative vision and believe in player focused development, where gameplay quality usually is prioritized first.
- You are practiced at consulting with a broad range of different perspectives to build consensus on the best way forward.
- You have a finely honed product sense and can confidently recognize success in the build when you see it.
- You can draw complex information from teammates to accurately forecast where we're heading, spot trouble before it arrives, and push the team to address it.
- You have extraordinary expertise in successfully debugging and refining development processes. You're passionate about helping people find a better way to work.
- Your knowledge of the discipline of game industry production is thorough enough that you’re capable of successfully developing producers with less experience than you into stronger teammates.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
- You have shipped at least two successful "AAA" titles from start to finish or have equivalent game development experience.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Working with our Executive Producer on a risk mitigation plan in case we miss a short-term project goal you helped develop.
- Gathering feedback and working with leadership to improve a critical process for a design team.
- Onboarding a new associate producer on our best practices.
- Running a cross-functional meeting to come to alignment on a feature decision.
- Informing updates to the project roadmap based on new information you've absorbed from the team.
- Speaking with tests to understand the scope better for a complex feature.
- Preparing an objective list to drive the prioritization and negotiation of a collaborative cross-functional milestone plan.
- 3-5 years experience in production or project management in game development, or equivalent experience in game development in a different discipline (i.e. as a team discipline lead)
- You have shipped at least one AAA title or equivalent game development experience
- You are very experienced with at least one software development production process, Agile certification, or training a plus
- You have an expert level understanding of at least one project tracking software suites such as Jira, TFS, Shotgun or Hansoft
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com