At Cauldron, we are passionate about empowering gamers to become the hero of their own adventures. We believe that a great story unites a global community together, and we are excited to bring the best creative talent in interactive entertainment to bring these stories, your stories, to life.
Proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios, our team is working on an unannounced, original AAA Adventure game and eagerly welcome those interested in learning through collaboration and pushing the boundaries of their craft. We are looking for a world-class Environment Artist who can create stunning visuals and bring a world to life in Unreal 4. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of form, function, detail, and the proficiency to breathe life into the world, with a passion for creating rich textures and materials.
Who You Are:
- Highly skilled in, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Photoshop, and Zbrush.
- Strong passion for the material and material design to help bring a world to life and present a cohesive aesthetic.
- Be equally proficient with both hard surface and organic modeling techniques
- Unreal is your tool of choice to create world-class player experiences through a variety of world-generation techniques.
- You have shipped at least one AAA game.
- Ability to realize 2D concept art as, engine ready, 3D assets.
- Proficient with modular level construction and the rhythms of form to help convey familiarity in large environments.
- You are excited to collaborate in a creative team environment and are capable of working well in both independent and team environments.
- Aim for efficiency, decisiveness, and for world-class experiences.
What You Will Do:
- Exhibit good color theory, architectural layout, lighting, and scene composition.
- Create visually stunning, atmospheric, 3D models of natural and architectural environments and demonstrate an excellent sense of spatial relationships and structural logic.
- Create clear, high fidelity, textures of a wide range of surface types.
- Work with design to create compelling gameplay without sacrificing visual clarity and composition.
- Share your deep passion and knowledge of crafting engaging environment art and your drive to develop compelling visual narratives.
- Troubleshoot technical and artistic issues and maintain an awareness of level performance during development.
- Creating spaces that are full of rich history and strong storytelling.
- Communicate effectively with team members, production and management to ensure that project goals are defined and met.
- 4+ years in an Environment Art role.
- Deep experience with Substance designer, Substance painter, and ZBrush.
- Demonstrable knowledge of complex material pipelines.
- Experience creating and owning rich environments that appeal to a broad audience.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next-generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at Cauldron are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Learn more at www.probablymonsters.com/careers