Character Technical Artist
Our studio is looking for a Character Technical Artist who is incredibly passionate about characters and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. You will be helping to build and maintain the "glue" between character art, animation, tools, and engineering for our project.
WHO YOU ARE
- You enjoy solving technical problems and take pride in enabling others to do their best work through technical solutions.
- You have shipped at least two successful AAA titles from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience as a character technical artist or rigger.
- You have a deep understanding of Unreal Engine and have a desire to push it to its limits for characters.
- You are capable of building exceptional animation rigs inside Maya.
- You have experience working with Python or Pymel and have used it to help create large impactful tools for artists, riggers or animators. Bonus if you have C++ or C# experience.
- Not only can you code but you can design features or tools that work well within a larger pipeline.
- You love making video games and can empathize deeply with our players.
- You can foster good working relationships with fellow teammates and can use your technical knowledge to bridge gaps and solve misunderstandings.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work closely with Modelers, Animators and Designers when iterating on a character. Be able to give rigging feedback about what is working, what isn't, and give advice on technical solutions to solve problems.
- Be responsible for a character's rigging and deformation all the way down the pipeline, both in Maya and Unreal.
- Code new pipelines and rigging techniques in Maya or Unreal to raise the bar on character performances.
- Communicate well with others as you help evangelize a new pipeline or tool. Be the "glue" that brings disciplines together.
- You will support team members with desk side support and help everyone push the boundaries of Character Tech.