Financial Reporting Manager
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for a highly-motivated Financial Reporting Manager ("FRM") with strong business acumen and partnership skills to join our finance team. This is a 'roll up your sleeves; hands-on position, requiring technical skill and business acuity to join a focused startup team reporting to the CFO, and collaborating closely with Executives, and Studio Leaders.
You will be empowered and play a critical role in linking business activities and strategic initiatives with financial reporting, and being an essential part of the day-to-day and long-term business operations. Your primary responsibility for this role is to lead all Financial Reporting and FP&A activities for ProbablyMonsters and its Family of Studios, including but not limited to forecasting and budgeting, project cost tracking, performance analysis, dashboard creation, and month-end close support. You will drive an efficient, effective, and comprehensive process for developing financial plans, forecasts, and analyses that align with its strategic objectives.
Who You Are:
- You have experience designing and leading complex financial consolidation and FP&A for multiple entities with a thorough understanding of how to drive system and process improvements to enhance reporting and forecast accuracy.
- You have a comprehensive understanding of US GAAP, Federal Tax, and SALT, with extensive experience researching and documenting technical accounting topics.
- You enjoy playing a pivotal role in automating reporting and analytic functionalities using Power BI and other Cloud solutions.
- You have superior communication, presentation, and facilitation skills with the ability to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings. Must be experienced presenting and communicating insights (not just data) to Executives and Studio Leaders.
- You are a curious, internally-motivated self-starter with the ability to plan, organize and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results in a high-growth, dynamic, and respectful environment where you never know exactly what each day brings.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the finance team in preparation, analysis, and publication of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting packages including supporting schedules, footnotes, and performance summary for Management that draw relevant and meaningful conclusions.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the business intelligence platform (Power BI) to provide bottom-up visibility to operating, and financial performance.
- Develop monthly reporting dashboards within Power BI, providing performance reporting based on a comprehensive financial metrics set. Proactively create new metrics and reports that are in line with stakeholder expectations, modern and intuitive.
- Prepare and maintain technical accounting memos on all accounting topics impacting the Company and ensure policies, procedures, narratives, and control matrices appropriately reflect the technical accounting memos.
- Partner with the Corporate Controller on month-end close and KPI reporting, leading forecast process, maintaining and improving data definitions/ structure across finance and operations.
- Develop the annual budget and monthly forecasting process, including revenue, margins, cash flows, and operating expenses. Partner with budget owners and Studio Heads to develop resource needs while working within the framework of the Company's financial objectives.
- Independently execute complex data analysis across multiple platforms using Excel, Power BI, or other available tools. Strong data analytics skills to troubleshoot data issues.
- Manage the reporting system and assist with evaluating ERP implementation and integrating accounting processes and reporting.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders across the organization to implement processes, frameworks, systems, and developing KPIs that allow us to capture and utilize timely and accurate data across the business for tracking performance and make better decisions.
- Serve as a trusted, strategic finance partner to the leadership team in revenue forecasting, operating expenses, CAPEX investment, Cashflow, ROI, operational efficiency, revenue growth, and profitability and help define and develop a 3-5 year operating plan.
- Five years of demonstrated experience in financial analysis & reporting and/or controllership, preferably with prior work experience in the technology industry.
- Experience in working with large amounts of complex data, transforming it into insights.
- Experience with Consolidations, working in a multiple company, multi-division, or multi-department environment.
- Have a four-year bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or Economics.
- Experience using Microsoft Power BI, QuickBooks Advance Online, and Paycom.
- Experience with using Microsoft Excel (advanced user), Microsoft Word, Outlook, and other computer programs.
- Strong written, verbal, and graphical communication skills, enabling concise and simple communications of complex concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and can work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.