Senior Systems Designer
About Cauldron Studios
Cauldron Studios™, a ProbablyMonsters studio, is developing a AAA game. We are looking for a Senior Systems Designer to join our design team. You will author and drive the implementation for and maintain major systems that drive the user experience.
Who You Are:
- You have experience solving product-level problems with a systemic approach.
- You are a defender of the game experience above all, understand and can explain how every input, process, and output of any given system is in service of the customer experience.
- You have applied your philosophy regarding the motivations for humans to play games in your systems work, including work and reward loops.
- You proactively look for problems to solve through a systemic lens.
- Mastery of permutation and combinatoric design space.
What You Will Do:
- Creates game systems with associative features that mindfully balance innovative approaches with tried and true design approaches.
- Communicates designs often, clearly to all parties, with ease.
- Takes ownership over significant feature sets.
- Effectively communicates goals & requirements to various disciplines.
- Implements, iterates, and tunes content in Unreal 4.
- Reviews game system(s) with Design Director weekly and ensures optimal balancing across the game for player experience goals.
- Skillful at guiding collaboration with other disciplines to find solutions to the constraints and requirements identified across disciplines.
- 5+ years of game design experience, with singular ownership of substantial systems throughout.
- Must have proven success in game development with significant design responsibility on multiple game features across multiple titles.
- Possesses deep knowledge of game design principles such as design theory and methodologies, environment, directing player experience, player behavior, choice and motivation, game progression and pacing, etc.
- Possesses an understanding of how different development disciplines work and how their inputs contribute to feature development.
- Significant skill in communicating design concepts effectively, in written, visual, and verbal format.
- Familiarity with Unreal 4 and authoring Blueprints.
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters' mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides Cauldron Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.