Senior Analytics Engineer
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides ProbablyMonsters and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.
We are looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to help us redefine how games use data! Our team enables our studios to get the most out of their data by providing both an analytics platform and analytics experts to support their specific analytics needs. In short, we aim to enable studios to use data to create amazing player experiences. In this critical role, you will enable our studios to leverage the analytics platform we are building. This role is unique in that you will work alongside our platform data engineers, developing the platform itself while optimizing game datasets, providing visualization solutions, and solving our studios' analytics needs.
Who You Are:
- You are as passionate about building data platforms as you are about interacting with the data, gaining insights, and answering complex questions
- You work to gain a deep understanding of datasets and use that understanding to build highly optimized data models capable of answering any question asked of the data
- You have a passion for applying software engineering practices to analytics
- You take pride in building amazing visualizations
- You have a passion for helping others gain insights from their data
What You Will Do:
- Partner with our game studios to learn about their games, player experience aspirations, and unique data needs
- Work alongside our platform engineers to build, and improve our analytics platform
- Transform raw data into clean, highly optimized datasets able to support the visualization and reporting needs of the data consumers
- Work with our test teams to ensure a high bar for data quality and correctness
- Continually evaluate new data technologies and analytics methodologies
- Enable our studios to work autonomously with their data by providing guidance and tooling
- Shape how we provide analytics as a service to our studio partners
- Promote a culture of quality, reliability, and customer-focus
- At least five years of experience as a data engineer or analyst
- At least five years of experience working with cloud data technologies
- At least three years of experience building dashboards using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, Superset (or equivalent)
- Expert knowledge in advanced SQL and ability to write code in Python (or equivalent language)
- Expert knowledge in data transformation and modeling