About The ProbablyMonsters™ Incubation Team
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
We are looking for a self-motivated, empathetic, and team-focused Production Director. You will join a team in the early stages of developing a new game, franchise, and studio. Our team is focused on action gameplay, world building, level design, AI, and character design during the early incubation phases. We seek someone who is experienced in growing and cultivating a team of producers through incubation, pre-production, production, and post-launch. You will be responsible for growing, directing, and managing the production team; and creating our plans through production and into live-service. Everyone at our studio is enthusiastic about helping to shape a culture of collaboration and trust while creating best-in-class action games.
Who You Are:
- A production leader with experience delivering quality games through all stages of development.
- Unwavering in your desire to create a positive and inclusive work culture.
- Excited to work with and be a part of a larger organization of publishers, investors, and partner studios.
- Comfortable working in the highly iterative and ambiguous realities of the incubation environment.
- Effective at breaking down complex ideas and communicating them effectively across disciplines, teams, and companies.
- Motivated and independent when possible, unafraid to ask for help when needed, and always willing to offer help.
- Enthusiastic about joining a small incubation team and helping to grow it into a full development team.
- Skilled at giving and receiving feedback on game development and interpersonal interactions.
What You Will Do:
- Manage, direct, mentor, and guide a team of producers.
- Develop, evolve, and share best production practices for all stages of game development.
- Implement production process and be accountable for planning, tracking, and delivering game milestones.
- Plan milestones, provide estimates, manage risks, and assign tasks ensuring work is completed on time.
- Work both strategically and tactically to execute on studio goals, tracking and reporting against roadmaps to our business stakeholders.
- Attend playtests and provide constructive feedback across all aspects of the game.
- Work with partners (internal and external) to ensure there are clear timelines, and those timelines are hit.
- Work closely with ProbablyMonsters teams to ensure alignment on progress, milestones, and development stages.
- 6+ years of professional industry experience as a Producer, at least one shipped title end to end.
- In-depth knowledge of production and project management methodologies, Kanban, Scrum, Agile, and Waterfall.
- Experience in building and leading teams, with a people-first culture that evangelizes diversity and inclusion.
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people, both inside and outside of our studio.
- Live-Service game experience is a plus.