Our studio is looking for an Art Director who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Art Director is responsible for developing and communicating an inspiring aesthetic vision, advocating for a game that looks incredible, and helping the Game Director achieve their creative vision.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a strong artistic vision that drives you to achieve excellence.
- You cultivate a great team culture incorporating the talents of a diverse group.
- Your calling is building new worlds, places, characters, and moments that create strong emotions and memories in our players.
- You are an extraordinary artist that has successfully directed art teams to victory and have significant experience successfully working with project leadership.
- You have great communication skills and are passionate about getting the best work possible out of your team.
- You are experienced at managing highly skilled artists both internally and externally.
- You are knowledgeable in the other development disciplines and understand how each component is affected by your art direction.
- You are technical enough to have a good understanding of how art direction translates into the game medium and how recent innovations can help your team succeed.
- You love making and playing games and your passion inspires others.
- You have shipped at least two successful AAA titles from start to finish.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Reviewing the most recent batch of concept art and writing up notes for next steps.
- Meeting with tech art leadership for your weekly sync to discuss tools and workflow.
- Working with the Game Director to collaborate on notes for a proposal for a new character.
- Going to a playtest to see how the art is progressing and to give notes on the entire game.
- Updating our style guide based off the outcome of recent explorations.
- Taking a newly hired artist out to lunch to talk about games they've been playing and movies they're looking forward to.
- Syncing with animation leadership to make sure they are working smoothly with the concept team.