Principal Sound Designer
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are passionate about gaming and strive to create amazing audio experiences for gamers.
- You are an audio artist who pushes yourself to be among the best in the industry.
- You have a refined audio aesthetic with a keen ear for detail and nuance, but you are always thinking about the player experience and are attentive to the big picture.
- You find reward in sharing knowledge and experience with the audio team and enjoy mentoring less-experienced sound designers.
- You can work semi-autonomously with minimal supervision but enjoy the collaborative process.
- You understand underlying audio systems on a deep level and can work within technical constraints.
- You are a master storyteller with sound, aligning your work with both visual and fictional underpinnings.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Creating top-tier sound effects across a wide range of sound categories.
- Collaborating with gameplay and design teams to ensure audio is providing optimal player feedback.
- Playtesting the game for both audio QA purposes and giving notes on the overall player experience.
- Collaborating with both the Audio Director and the Audio Programmer to develop and refine our in-game audio systems and implementation pipelines.
- Field or foley recording to augment our proprietary SFX library.
- You have at least 10+ years of professional sound design experience working in-house at one or more game studios.
- You have shipped multiple AAA quality games.
- You have a deep knowledge of game audio implementation tools and technologies.
- You are a great mixer who understands how to generate content that cuts through a dense mix.
- You have significant field and studio recording experience.
- You have a good understanding of traditional multichannel and emerging virtual surround sound formats and best practices.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.