Senior World Technical Artist
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our studio is looking for a Senior World Technical Artist who is passionate about art, competitive games, and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Senior World Technical Artist is responsible for building Pipelines, Technical Content, and World Art that inspires and delights our team and our players.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are driven to achieve excellence in environment art both technically and aesthetically.
- You are strong technically and are excited to explore, build, and communicate new pipelines and techniques to the art team.
- You are excited to tackle difficult research tasks and to turn the unknown into the known.
- You have a strong ability to collaborate with the world teams, understand their disciplines, and help them find the art and gameplay they are looking for.
- Memory and performance metrics are like a second language to you.
- You are committed to helping our Game and Art Directors achieve their creative vision and believe in a process where gameplay quality and experience are a priority.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Meeting with our Art Director, Lead World Artist, and Technical Art Director to review your most recent work.
- Planning, Creating and Maintaining Shaders and workflows that elevate the quality of our worlds.
- Researching a new piece of software to see how it could benefit the team and project.
- Going to a playtest to see how the environments are playing and to give notes on the entire game.
- Working with world artists to make sure environment artwork is integrating well into the engine.
- Shipped at least one successful AAA title from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine.
- Experience with Shaders and Rendering Pipelines.
- Experience with Content Creation Pipelines (Maya, Max, Photoshop, Substance, etc.).
- Programming and or scripting knowledge is a bonus (Python, C#, C++ or similar).
- Experience shipping competitive multiplayer games is a big plus.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early-stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com