Senior World Technical Artist
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Our studio is looking for a Senior World Technical Artist who is passionate about art, competitive games, and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Senior World Technical Artist is responsible for building Pipelines, Technical Content, and World Art that inspires and delights our team and our players.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are driven to achieve excellence in environment art both technically and aesthetically.
- You are strong technically and are excited to explore, build, and communicate new pipelines and techniques to the art team.
- You are excited to tackle difficult research tasks and to turn the unknown into the known.
- You have a strong ability to collaborate with the world teams, understand their disciplines, and help them find the art and gameplay they are looking for.
- Memory and performance metrics are like a second language to you.
- You are committed to helping our Game and Art Directors achieve their creative vision and believe in a process where gameplay quality and experience are a priority.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Meeting with our Art Director, Lead World Artist, and Technical Art Director to review your most recent work.
- Planning, Creating and Maintaining Shaders and workflows that elevate the quality of our worlds.
- Researching a new piece of software to see how it could benefit the team and project.
- Going to a playtest to see how the environments are playing and to give notes on the entire game.
- Working with world artists to make sure environment artwork is integrating well into the engine.
- Shipped at least one successful AAA title from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine.
- Experience with Shaders and Rendering Pipelines.
- Experience with Content Creation Pipelines (Maya, Max, Photoshop, Substance, etc.).
- Programming and or scripting knowledge is a bonus (Python, C#, C++ or similar).
- Experience shipping competitive multiplayer games is a big plus.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.