Senior Level Artist
At Firewalk, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative team of amazing creators are crafting new worlds that ignite imagination and connection. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art that captures the joy of playing together.
We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment. We’re actively looking to add visionary creators who thrive in an environment where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team.
Firewalk is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios who recently raised $250 million to secure our future and our team with the benefits of a long-lasting career.
Our studio is looking for a Senior Level Artist who is passionate about art, competitive games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Senior Level Artist is responsible for driving the completion of levels in collaboration with Level Designers, Concept Artists, and World Art teams.
Who You Are
- You are driven to achieve excellence in environment art taking into consideration the intentions of the design, technical and art needs for a complete level.
- You have a strong ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams working on levels, understand their disciplines, and help them find the art and gameplay they are looking for.
- Understands the needs of Gameplay & Level Design and balance those with the goals and aesthetic of Art Direction.
- Strong communication with a focus on keeping the team updated regularly on progress and calling out issues and helping to resolve misalignment that may arise during iteration.
What Your Day Might Look Like
- Meeting with our Art Director, Lead World Artist and Technical Art Director to review your most recent work.
- Ensure art direction vision for the level, be the point of contact for the team about this Level. Help facilitate communication across the world art, concept, and level design teams with issues around the level they are responsible for.
- Creating initial Modular kits to build out the architecture of the level and collaborating closely with the Palette team to integrate updates.
- Level construction and set dressing of the entire level playspace from blockout to final, while maintaining the Design and Art direction goals.
- Collaborating with Technical Artists to ensure level is maintaining memory and performance goals, and actively helping to address those issues as they arise.
- Regularly attending playtests to see how the levels are playing and to give notes on the entire game.
- Working with the world art team to make sure assets are integrating well into the level and ensuring those assets meet the art, design, and technical requirements.
- Experience as an Environment Artist on levels or areas of a game, from initial blockout to final debug and polish, to post launch support and maintenance.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a plus.
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams focused on level creation and/or areas of a larger world.
- Experience with Content Creation Pipelines (Maya, Max, Photoshop, Substance, etc.).
- Experience collaborating with Technical Artists to plan, adapt and debug performance and memory issues for an level or area of a game.
- Experience with the production cycle of competitive multiplayer games is a big plus.
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS™ STUDIOS
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games. We have built a sustainable development process that is committed to providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
While each of our studios has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating, all of them are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.