At Cauldron, we are passionate about empowering gamers to become the hero of their own adventures. We believe that a great story unites a global community together, and we are excited to bring the best creative talent in interactive entertainment to bring these stories, your stories, to life.
Proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios, our team is working on an unannounced, original AAA Adventure game and eagerly welcome those interested in learning through collaboration, and pushing the boundaries of their craft. We are currently looking for a world-class Senior Designer that is an industry veteran and craft expert. They should be comfortable owning areas of a product and its implementation as well evaluating and iterating in a live operation capacity. While you may have one or more areas of expertise, you are passionate about player activities and keeping them excited and challenged over a long engagement.
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of experience as a Designer in game development, and have shipped AAA game/s.
- Experience working within Unreal or at least two other Game Engines.
- Experience in rapid prototyping and iterative design.
- Ability to prescribe, author, and connect systems to the ‘fell’ of the moment-to-moment gameplay they create.
- Authoring inventories of structured player goals (missions, quests) to offer the player to keep them engaged as part of an ongoing live service.
- Strong experience in feature design process from leading conceptualization and prototyping through polish and completion.
- Strong communication skills, ability to self-schedule and drive your designs with support from design leadership.
What You Will Do:
- Craft clear, succinct, and impactful design specifications that serve as the source of truth for the product.
- Collaborate with creative leadership, technical leadership and product managers to build intuitive and well-crafted features.
- Implement prototypes, work within the engine to accomplish the design spec, and understand the technical implications of the design.
- Creates and implements designs and ensures they are optimized for the Unreal Engine.
- Shares knowledge and experience with other members of the team by providing constructive and actionable feedback to ensure product consistency and quality.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at Cauldron are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Learn more at www.probablymonsters.com/careers