Senior Sound Designer
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our studio is looking for a Senior Sound Designer who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Senior Sound Designer, you will be responsible for creating and implementing world-class sound effects, helping our Audio Director and Game Director achieve their creative vision.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an exceptional sound designer that has a diverse portfolio of outstanding content.
- You have a refined audio aesthetic with a keen ear for detail and nuance.
- You strive to advance the art and science of game audio, taking audio experiences to the next level for gamers while finding ways to improve the workflow and pipeline for the audio team.
- You are both creative and technical, understanding that implementation and mixing play a crucial role in the overall quality of the audio experience.
- You are a team player who can collaborate across disciplines but can also work semi-autonomously with minimal supervision.
- You are passionate about gaming and strive to create amazing audio experiences for gamers.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Designing and implementing sounds for cinematics and/or interactive content.
- Meeting with the Audio Director and/or Game Director to review your most recent work.
- Playtesting the game for both audio QA purposes and to give notes on the game as a whole.
- Working with a Gameplay Designer to make sure your sounds are supporting gameplay mechanics and feedback.
- Collaborating with both the Audio Programmer and the Audio Director to develop and refine our in-game audio systems and implementation pipeline.
- Field or foley recording to augment our proprietary SFX library.
- You have a proven ability to create visceral and immersive audio experiences in games.
- You have a deep knowledge of game audio implementation tools and technologies.
- You have significant field and studio recording experience.
- You have shipped multiple AAA quality games.
- You have at least 5+ years of professional sound design experience in linear and/or interactive entertainment.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.