Senior Software Engineer, Audio
About ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
• Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
• Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
• Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers .
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Audio to work closely with our world-class Central Audio team. You will be the primary driver of our audio, including tools, pipeline, and engine. You will collaborate with Central Audio and all game studios to optimally solve their problems and help create innovative, in-game audio experiences.
Who You Are
- You deeply understand the impact audio has on the overall quality of a game
- You love games, the game industry, and you dream of revolutionizing how we make games
- You measure your success through the success of your customers
- You thrive when collaborating with others and can communicate well with audio professionals
- You have a passion for sound and music, either professionally or as a hobbyist
- You enjoy driving your work with minimal supervision
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with the central audio team to build audio workflows for our projects
- Evaluate, integrate, and (if necessary) construct the audio technology used by all ProbablyMonsters games
- Help the studios implement and abide by best practices
- Empower our composers and sound designers to create
state-of-the-art interactive audio experiences
- Help drive industry-leading audio accessibility features into ProbablyMonsters games
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience building games in Unreal Engine 4
- 1+ years of experience building games with WWise
- Completed at least one development cycle supporting game audio teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of localization, narrative systems, audio content pipelines, audio DSP, and audio streaming schemes
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.