Senior Software Engineer, Audio
About ProbablyMonsters™ Family of Studios
ProbablyMonsters Family of Studios is developing 3 simultaneous AAA games in multiple genres. Since our launch in 2019, we have built 3 studios so far. Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer game to be exclusively published by PlayStation. Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game and our RPG Team has a next-gen open world experience in progress.
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in game development history at $200 MILLION to continue building long-lasting game studios. We are committed to providing our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers. Our Monster mindset of people-first, our ethos of predictable excellence, and our purpose of inspiring a healthier industry has attracted 200+ likeminded professionals who unapologetically defend the sustainable home we have built together, a home free of storms that allows for focused creativity.
We are looking for a seasoned, world-class Senior Software Engineer, Audio to work closely with our world-class Central Audio team. You will be the primary driver of our audio, including tools, pipeline, and engine. You will collaborate with Central Audio and all game studios to optimally solve their problems and help create innovative, in-game audio experiences.
Who You Are:
- You deeply understand the impact audio has on the overall quality of a game
- You love games, the game industry, and you dream of revolutionizing how we make games
- You measure your success through the success of your customers
- You thrive when collaborating with others and can communicate well with audio professionals
- You have a passion for sound and music, either professionally or as a hobbyist
- You enjoy driving your work with minimal supervision
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with the central audio team to build audio workflows for our projects
- Evaluate, integrate, and (if necessary) construct the audio technology used by all ProbablyMonsters games
- Help the studios implement and abide by best practices
- Empower our composers and sound designers to create
state-of-the-art interactive audio experiences
- Help drive industry-leading audio accessibility features into ProbablyMonsters games
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience building games in Unreal Engine 4
- 1+ years of experience building games with WWise
- Completed at least one development cycle supporting game audio teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of localization, narrative systems, audio content pipelines, audio DSP, and audio streaming schemes