Global Quality Systems Manager
The Global Quality Systems Manager (QSM) is a highly collaborative, driven individual who is equally focused on systems thinking, process efficiency, and the customer experience (internal and external) to achieve business results.
The QSM Manager works with QMS interested parties including customers, registrars, suppliers, internal employees, suppliers, and other business partners. As such, the ideal candidate will be highly skilled in communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
The position will focus on activities that promote the establishment and maintenance of quality management systems compliant to global standards including ISO 9001, IATF 19649, VDA 6.3, HES, REACH/ROHS, ISO 17025 and other applicable customer, industry and statutory requirements.
The ideal candidate has a history of success leading the implementation and improvement of quality management systems in an automotive environment, leading and mentoring teams, and driving cross functional initiatives to support customer satisfaction. Experience in the distribution space is a plus.
The Global Quality Systems Manager will be performing the following responsibilities and duties:
- Manage and optimize quality systems on a global scale, with a focus on developing scalable, lean processes that meet customer, organizational and regulatory needs.
- Collaborate with process owners and stakeholders to capture customer and business needs and translate into standard work, with flexibility to meet local demands.
- Identify business process improvements utilizing Lean Six Sigma principles for continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders including customers and QMS (Quality Management System) registrars as well as internal cross functional teams.
- Ensure the organization tracks internal and external KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) as required by ISO 9001, IATF 16949 and VDA 6.3 and others including customers and global regulatory requirements.
- Manage the internal audit process including auditor selection and qualification; develop the internal audit strategy and plan, communicate with management, coordinate reporting, escalation of issues, and sharing of preventive actions linked to internal audits at a global level.
- Monitor consistent implementation, auditing, and evaluation of company operating processes, procedures, forms, manuals, and tools.
- Coordinate external audits. Communicate with third party certification companies: develop the yearly third party audit plans for IATF 16949, ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and VDA 6.2 at a global level, coordinate contract discussions with third party audit companies, and monitor third party certification companies: quotation, appointment, realization, efficiency, and billing.
- Assist with audit preparation, scheduling and execution of customer audits.
- Coordinate management review; preparation, reporting and action plans.
- Coordinate the completion of customer self-assessments in area of responsibility and support sales in this activity.
- Coordinate audit of suppliers according to VDA 6.3 or ISO, in case of Business needs and upon requests.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing a variety of requests to improve performance, and exploring opportunities to add value.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all seniority levels both internally and externally.
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/Engineering/Operations or related technical field.
- Extensive Quality Management Systems experience.
- 5 years relevant experience as a manager in a manufacturing or distribution environment (or managing manufacturing suppliers) with 3 years of customer or registrar facing responsibilities.
- Significant experience with continuous improvement processes (5 why, Root Cause Analysis, CAPA, VSM).
- Lead Auditor Certification preferred (IATF 16949, VDA 6.3, ISO 9001).
- Working knowledge of Core Tools (APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA & PPAP, CAPA).
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodology and related tools; Black Belt is a plus.
- Process and industry knowledge.
- Automotive experience preferred.
- Fastener experience preferred, but not required.
- Distribution experience preferred.
- Proficient in business software including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Minitab, ERP systems.
- Effective project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Key performance indicators:
- Internal and external audits completed as planned
- NC open/closed on time.
- Management Review completed as required.
Physical Demands / Travel:
- Frequent domestic travel (car/air) 5%
- International travel to support business demands. 25%
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.