Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
We are looking for driven, capable Warehouse Associates to support our company’s warehouse operations including Shipping, Receiving, Packing, etc..
You will receive, input, sort, load and unload products and you will perform various warehouse activities.
If you are looking for a fast paced environment with lots of opportunity for personal and career growth then this is the ideal place for you!
- As a Warehouse Associate, you may be responsible for the following activities in accordance with your role:
- Unloading of goods delivered.
- Check that goods advised match goods rec’d, check PO for qty’s and due date.
- Book onto the system, batch each box as required, pass samples and paperwork to Inspection.
- Put goods away to picking or pallet locations or transfer to boxing or subcontract operations.
- Repackaging of bulk product into smaller quantities to comply with the companies or customer requirements.
- To fill boxing machine hoppers as necessary (waste management).
- Move boxed goods to designated storage locations.
- Produce dispatch notes, picking lists and labels, as necessary.
- Resolve discrepancies noted when picking.
- Advise line manager of potential stock issues.
- Confirm items picked correspond to the items described on the note.
- Pack items to ensure they remain secure and undamaged to their destination.
- Arrange for the issue of certification as detailed on the picking note.
- Load goods for dispatch onto transport within deadlines.
- Operate various warehouse equipment to reach high locations.
- Able to use current ERP system.
- Print labels using handheld/physical printer (batch number).
- Use mobile scanner/tablet device to receive/picking inventory.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Customer Service
- Results focused
- Communication Skills
- Decision Making
- Working as part of a team
- Problem solving
- Ability to use computer programs
- Detail Oriented
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 years relevant experience required, warehouse setting preferred.
- Ability to read, understand and maintain records as required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Forklift experience preferred.
At Optimas we believe in having a competitive compensation scheme to motivate and retain our employees. More information will be given throughout the process.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.