Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
Optimas is currently searching for an enthusiastic Quality Engineer to work with the Quality Manager to manage Quality Engineering activities for Optimas and its Customers.
This role reports directly to the Regional Quality Manager in Brescia, Italy.
- Manage the regional Quality Assurance activities for assigned Customers
- Where defined, management of Customer Concerns in line with Company systems, and procedures to the satisfaction of the Customer.
- PPAP/ ISIR checking and management through to the Technical Centre
- Use of 8D problem-solving and Dmaic
- Provide detailed Monthly report of status, issues etc.
- Support the Sales Department
- Work collaboratively with peers and other departments to deliver on the wider business objectives – THREAD
- Other relevant tasks and duties, as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Quality, Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering Qualification
- Proven work experience in a Quality Role
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems
- 8D Problem Solving and Dmaic knowledge preferred
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings / specifications
- Computer literate (PowerPoint, Excel & Word)
- A strong character with effective communication skills by email, phone and face to face
- Ability to multi-task to meet deadlines yet with a good attention to detail and strong decision-making skills
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast-paced environment, where there is never a dull moment! We are looking for the right person who can make an impact in a short period of time, ‘hit-the-ground-running’ and embark on the role with full enthusiasm and determination.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Page | 1