Divisional Float Primary Care Physician
Title: Primary Care Physician, Divisional Float
Location: Varies (Division)
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, travel and temporary relocation as needed
The purpose of the Divisional Float Primary Care Physician at Oak Street Health is to provide coverage in the highest priority markets within a Division for short-term assignments. This physician may be assigned to open a new center, be the collaborating physician for an APP(s), and/or to extend provider capacity at mature centers to support growth or existing panels as providers are on leave (e.g., maternity leave). This Float Physician will act as an “internal locums” provider but will allow for continuity of high-quality care in various markets across Oak Street Health.
- Assess and diagnose patients at our local clinics
- Oversee, direct, and administer primary care
- Prescribe and administer pharmaceutical treatments and medication
- Maintain Patient Electronic Medical Record data via Canopy and greenway
- Collaborate with regional and central leadership to meet health quality and clinical excellence goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Medical Doctor (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) Graduate
- Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Board Certification (or board eligible)
- Ability and willingness to travel and relocate for short-term assignments (3+ months per assignment)
- Ability to commit to this role for a minimum of 2 years
- Active, non-probationary, unrestricted State License (will be required to obtain licenses for all states within their Oak Street Health Division)
- Demonstrated ability to follow and train other providers on processes and procedures.
- Must be willing to have 32 DPC hours per week
- Active DEA license (will be required to obtain for all states within their Oak Street Health Division)
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky"
- Fellowship training in Geriatrics
- Experience practicing medicine among Geriatric populations
- Experience operating in a Value-Based Healthcare Model
- Experience working in a collaborative setting to ensure positive health outcomes
- Experience in outpatient primary care settings
- Bilingual proficiency where applicable
- Competitive Salary
- Reimbursement for travel and housing expenses
- 6 weeks of PTO, inclusive of PTO, major holidays, and CME
- $5000 Continuing Medical Education stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Provided Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 401K Investment, up to 4% company match, vested immediately
- Provided Medical Malpractice Insurance
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being relentlessly determined
Why Oak Street Health?
Oak Street Health is on a mission to “Rebuild healthcare as it should be'', providing personalized primary care for older adults on Medicare, with the goal of keeping patients healthy and living life to the fullest. Our innovative care model is centered right in our patient’s communities and focused on the quality of care over the volume of services. We’re an organization on the move! With over 170 locations and an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody “Oaky” values and passion for our mission.
Oak Street Health Benefits:
- Mission-focused career impacting change and measurably improving health outcomes for Medicare patients
- Paid vacation, sick time, and investment/retirement 401K match options
- Health insurance, vision, and dental benefits
- Opportunities for leadership development and continuing education stipends
- New centers and flexible work environments
- Opportunities for high levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
Oak Street Health is an equal-opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply.