Clinical Licensed Therapist (LCSW) - Behavioral Health Specialist
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Clinical Licensed Therapist (LCSW) - Behavioral Health Specialist
The purpose of a Behavioral Health Specialist at Oak Street Health is to provide care management services and to provide evidence-based short-term psychotherapy to our patients with behavioral health needs. The Behavioral Health Specialist is a key resource for Care Teams across a region of Oak Street Health primary clinics. They are responsible for coordinating and supporting behavioral healthcare for our patients, in collaboration with Care Teams and a psychiatric consultant. The Behavioral Health Specialist will assess the needs of patients, make referrals to appropriate behavioral health resources and specialists, and provide short-term counseling and evidence-based treatments as indicated.
Check out this pamphlet for a sneak peek into the life of an Oak Street Behavioral Health Specialist!
- Collaborate with the primary care teams to identify appropriate patients to refer to the Oak Street Behavioral Health program
- Screen and assess patients for common mental health and substance use disorders
- Develop care plans and provide or facilitate referrals to Oak Street’s psychiatric consultant and/or external resources
- Provide short-term counseling and evidence-based treatments
- Coordinate care with Oak Street’s psychiatric consultant, including warm handoffs for telehealth visits and collaboration on care plans
- Develop relationships with primary care teams and consistently communicate changes in behavioral health care plans
- Accurate and timely documentation of patient encounters and counseling sessions in Oak Street’s electronic medical record
- Participate in regional and organizational efforts to advance Oak Street’s Behavioral Health program through workshops, feedback sessions, and surveys
- Possibly covering multiple clinics, depending on the maturity and panel sizes of those clinics
- Other duties, as assigned
What are we looking for?
- Master of Social Work degree required from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Clinical Social Worker License (or local equivalent)
- Experience with screening for common mental health and/or substance use disorders
- Experience with assessment and treatment planning for common mental health and/or substance use disorders
- Familiarity with brief, structured intervention techniques (e.g., Motivational Interviewing, Behavioral Activation)
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
- Proficiency in providing brief, structured intervention techniques (e.g., Motivational Interviewing, Behavioral Activation, Cognitive Behavioral)
- Working knowledge of differential diagnoses of common mental health and/or substance use disorders
- Proficient PC skills
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being relentlessly determined
Why Oak Street Health?
Oak Street Health is on a mission to “Rebuild healthcare as it should be'', providing personalized primary care for older adults on Medicare, with the goal of keeping patients healthy and living life to the fullest. Our innovative care model is centered right in our patient’s communities and focused on the quality of care over the volume of services. We’re an organization on the move! With over 150 locations and an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody “Oaky” values and passion for our mission.
Oak Street Health Benefits:
Mission-focused career impacting change and measurably improving health outcomes for Medicare patients
- Paid vacation, sick time, and investment/retirement 401K match options
- Health insurance, vision, and dental benefits
- Opportunities for leadership development and continuing education stipends
- New centers and flexible work environments
- Opportunities for high levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
Oak Street Health is an equal-opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply.