Lead Consultant, EMEA
Consulting Dublin, Ireland
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
The Global Services team is looking for a Lead Consultant who enjoys working in small teams on client sites to deliver challenging, multi-faceted projects. We’re looking for the kind of person who can not only create beautiful and scalable code, but also navigate a team through the ever-changing waters of consulting projects. If that sounds like you, apply today!
- Architect, plan and lead technical teams, ensuring successful projects deliveries.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the installation, configuration, implementation, and deployment of Liferay’s Java-based technologies.
- Manage client relationships from a technical standpoint, guiding them on strategy and future roadmap while also advising on best practices regarding web application development and web system architecture.
- Lead and manage a team of highly-performing consultants.
- Ability to work independently, handling multiple projects/engagements simultaneously.
- Excellent programming and analytical skills, with a solid foundation in Java and JEE, with 8+ years enterprise experience.
- Strong past experience in leading technical teams throughout the full SDLC process using agile methodologies.
- Experience with Liferay products is a plus.
- Experience with managing and coaching other team members.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex business solution concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences.
- Ability to travel to customer sites (if required, post COVID).
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.