Senior Software Engineer
Backend Development Recife, Brazil Remote, Brazil
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
You love the challenge of new technologies. You thrive in a fast paced work environment and are always wanting to leave things better than when you found them. You love working with a team of dedicated people, who are excited about making a direct impact on our customers. Curiosity is a defining characteristic of your personality and approach to solving problems and you love to explore new possibilities that bring value to others.
Our Cloud Services team works to improve our customers' cloud experience. We have the pivotal role of being the medium our customers use to engage with our cloud platform. We look at the entire lifecycle of the user experience, providing services that offer value at every stage of the journey. Being driven by curiosity and the pursuit of excellent code quality fits in with this primary objective. We are the ones creating and maintaining services that allow our customers to plan, develop, and deploy their solutions onto our cloud platform.
If you are looking for a challenging technical landscape that will always offer you something new to learn; if you are looking for a place to grow with like minded engineers, then this is the team for you.
- Lead technical discussions, planning sessions, demos, and retrospectives
- Learn and adapt to new technologies, providing guidance and innovation
- Lead and take ownership of complex technical challenges faced by the team and provide actionable solutions/implementations
- Help develop, oversee, review, release, and support Liferay Cloud products and services
- Provide technical expertise to other members of our division including Product, Design, Business/Sales, and Engineering
- Encourage a TDD culture utilizing our SDLC process
- Satisfy Feature Owner, Release Owner, and Code Owner roles within the team
- Deliver on team and individual OKRs (Objectives and Key Results)
- Help the team deliver continuous innovation driven by Business and Customer needs
- Directly manage other software engineers (2-4 reports), if interested in the mgmt path
- Mentor other developers and help them grow in their career as software engineers
- Strong software development experience
- Experience leading complex Cloud implementations or projects end to end
- High proficiency in Docker
- High proficiency with production-ready Application Server stacks: plus if experience with NGINX, Liferay, and Jenkins
- Champion of implementing unit, integration, and functional tests as part of SDLC
- Solid knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience with at least one of the following managed Kubernetes services:
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Experience automating development processes and environments
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Linux, MySQL, Nginx, HAProxy, Tomcat, Git, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, Liferay DXP, and Liferay Commerce
- Any of the following certifications is a plus:
- CNCF Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect
- Google Cloud Certified Professional DevOps Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Network Engineer
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.