Business Development Representative UK/I
Field Marketing London, United Kingdom
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, Africa, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid per year to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
Business Development Representatives (BDR) objective is to generate opportunities through inbound and outbound communication. They will be researching and identifying prospects from target accounts and following up to inbound inquiries while attempting to connect with them via email sequences, tele-prospecting, and social outreach. Once a connection is made, they will be focusing on qualifying and converting leads to opportunity as quickly as possible.
- They will contribute to building sales, brand awareness and revenue by gaining the customers initial interest and qualify leads for our Sales Executives.
- This BDR appointment will support the UK and Ireland markets.
- Creating and raising Liferay brand awareness across the target market.
- Become knowledgeable of our software products (especially Commerce) and target market, manufacturing.
- Sourcing and identifying new business opportunities through a range of media such as; LinkedIn, target marketing campaigns, referrals etc.
- Helping to design, develop and execute on Liferay’s outbound work program.
- Proactively contacting potential clients to drive awareness, educate and inform potential customers on our product offerings relevant to their needs.
- Building a sales lead pipeline to support sales executives.
- Conduct high-level conversations with Senior ‘C’ level Executives in prospect client opportunities.
- Collaborating with Sales and Marketing on the continued improvements of lead quality and conversion to opportunity.
- Engaging with prospects via email and phone to analyse their needs
- Achieve monthly/quarterly targets of defined activities and lead generations to our Sales funnel.
- Learn and use sales processes to maintain your sales standards at the highest level
- Support with scheduling sales leads appointments.
- Any duties required as the role evolves.
- Fluency in English is essential. Core market will be the UK and Ireland.
- Drive and self-motivation to succeed and win in this dynamic new business environment.
- A background within a high volume (sales/targets/activity) sales environment is desirable.
- Ability to successfully work in a target/results driven environment.
- Strong prospecting methodology for inbound and outbound outreach
- Attention to detail and maintaining accurate information in a database in a timely manner is essential.
- Excellent communication skills and to adapt to target audience personas (essential).
- Experience within the industry is highly advantageous although not essential.
- Experience using several platforms to research and aggregate information on prospective prospects (e.g. Salesforce, Salesloft, Sales Navigator) is highly advantageous although not essential.
What We Offer
- A dynamic, multicultural and friendly workplace.
- Opportunity to help continue to build a premier, leading organization in open source.
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Strong Work-Life-Balance policy.
- Contributory pension.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Working at a leading open source company
- Cycle to work scheme
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.