Manager, ASEAN Marketing
Marketing Singapore, Singapore
Liferay is a uniquely profitable open source software company with 850+ fiery-eyed employees scattered across the known world. Our flagship product is Liferay Digital Experience Platform which companies like HP, Barclays, and Coach use to build great web experiences for their customers and employees. Along with making cool software, we have a greater-than-profit vision that fuels us. We give employees 5 days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run.
About You and this Role
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing key strategies and programs to generate demand and build brand awareness for Liferay products and solutions. The candidate must possess strong project management, coordination, collaboration, and communication skills. You will work closely with the broader marketing organization and local sales teams to build and drive marketing initiatives.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy and plan for ASEAN to build brand awareness and generate demand
- Design, implement, and execute targeted solution and/or vertical campaigns
- Drive creative lead generation activities to support sales pipeline, including digital, content, customer and partner marketing tactics
- Create, with few input, relevant content pieces to support your marketing initiatives according to criteria of usability and SEO (e.g. press releases, case studies, business brochures, website pages, email campaigns, social media posts, blogs, etc.)
- Oversee global marketing content: ensure timely localization and translation of web content and marketing collateral while ensuring that content is up-to-date
- Oversee the execution of a wide variety of events whether digital, hybrid or in-person (breakfast seminars, annual customer Symposium, webinars, VIP events, industry events, etc.)
- Leverage marketing automation tactics by working closely with the Global Demand Generation team
- Work closely with regional business development (BDR) and sales teams to ensure downstream qualification and opportunity creation
- Engage with partners, build relationships, foster campaign adoption and increase partner marketing productivity
- Build and maintain a solid marketing database
- Track, measure and report on the performance of marketing programs. Gain insight and assess against goals to determine ROI and areas of improvement
- Oversee budget and marketing spend ROI
- Collaborate with other Liferay marketing teams across the globe to exchange ideas and best practices
- Oversee areas of responsibility, plan, prioritize and/or direct the responsibilities of direct and indirect reports.
- 5-7 years experience building effective marketing programs for high tech companies
- Degree in Marketing or Business, or comparable education/experience
- Ability to craft great collateral and write compelling marketing copy for campaigns
- Excellent communications and sales interaction skills are a must
- Experience managing third-party agencies and suppliers
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Marketo is a plus
- Ability to work independently across marketing initiatives but also collaboratively with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Self-starter, quick learner, self-motivated, proactive beyond your duty
- Strives to be objective and reflects on their own biases when making decisions
- Holds themselves accountable for decisions and outcomes within their team(s)/department.
- Identifies when the impact of their decisions could or will impact others and appropriately pulls in the right stakeholders for either transparency or help in the decision making process
- Fosters a team culture of cooperation and collaboration. Creates a feeling of succeeding and failing together.
- Actively solicits feedback from their team on what is and isn’t working across the team and with their own management
What We Offer
- Competitive salary & benefits package according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally. We like to Stay Nerdy!
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.