Associate Product Designer
Product Design Vimercate, Italy
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
An exciting opportunity for an early-career designer, you’ll be working alongside a staff designer in the full SDLC (software development lifecycle) of a SaaS (software-as-a-service) product. As a product designer working in our e-commerce area, you will be influencing the design of a platform that helps businesses sell products and services. In this role you can expect to design for a wide range of aspects related to the e-commerce industry such as product management, dashboarding, and machine learning.
Things you’ll need for success:
- Communication skills
Arguably one of the most important skills a designer can have — excellent communication skills now more than ever, are a must. We are an international company, so being comfortable communicating in English is required.
- Proactive and eagerness to work with others
Our teams are highly collaborative — the ability to empathize, connect, and succeed with people who are different than you are is critical.
- Fundamentals of Design
Demonstrate an understanding of the 7 principles of design, typography, color theory — you don’t need to be an expert, but having the basic knowledge is beneficial.
You'll be mentored by a senior designer, so prior experience isn’t necessary, but some other things that would help you stand out:
- B2B Experience
- E-commerce background
- SaaS experience
- Learn about DXP.
- Create prototypes of existing features for training videos.
- Contribute to the documentation of the product and build relationships with adjacent team members.
- Participate in grooming and sprint planning meetings.
- Contribute to our design system.
- Familiarize yourself by designing and delivering product improvement tickets.
- Update satellites in Lexicon.
- Work on product improvement initiatives from customer feedback to polished designs.
- Work with UX Researchers to conduct usability tests.
- Create customer journey maps to identify product gaps: First time experience, moderate use, power user.
- Work with product managers to identify and define high impact features/improvement.
- 1+ years experience delivering end to end designs for products and not just sites.
- Problem solving skills to translate complex business processes into streamlined user experiences.
- Owned or worked within design systems that you regularly contributed to and helped evolve.
What We Offer
- Flexible Workspace: Possibility to work remotely.
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience.
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy.
- A positive and collaborative work culture.
- Working at a leading open-source company.
*Please submit your resume written in English
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.