Consulting Recife, Brazil
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
Demonstrates expert analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with very strong motivation to identify and resolve customer issues ? Flexible, proven ability to work well under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines ? Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal ? Strong escalation handling skills; able to facilitate discussion to peacefully resolve conflict ? Detailed-oriented ? Works well with distributed team ? Flexible (like Gumby)
- Design and maintain solution architecture of major components (as a feature owner).
- Implement and oversee the implementation of solution designs.
- Mentor and oversee team members.
- Tune for performance in JVM, application server, and code.
- Configure Liferay DXP, app servers, web servers, JVM, to best meet the needs of clients.
- Implement & enforce industry standards and best practices in solution.
- Deliver GS non-full lifecycle packages to clients (kick-start, go-live, etc.)
- Recommend best approach in extending or overriding Liferay DXP features.
- Run SCRUM for components.
- Interface directly with clients to move project forward (including, but not limited to, clarifying requirements, address reported issues, provide project statuses, etc.).
- Lead client-facing demos at component level.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the installation, configuration, implementation, and deployment of Liferay’s Java-based technologies.
- Work with EMs and clients to accept work, estimate level of effort, and define deliverables.
- Author best practice guides/white papers and/or speaking roles at conferences/symposiums/BU meetings.
- Takes ownership of project.
- Deliver projects and customer value consistently.
- Advanced English (Verbal and Written)
- Strong of deep technical experience on technical projects on client sites.
- Strong of experience with Java & JEE.
- Strong of experience with relational databases.
- Strong experience with Java frameworks such as Spring (DI, AOP) and *Hibernate (or equivalent).
- Experience tuning JVM and application servers (+).
- Experience with full SDLC including business requirements gathering, technical specifications, development, testing, and deployment.
- Experience with Liferay DXP (features and applications) (+).
- Has experience with and understands the methodologies and best practices employed by Liferay/GS.
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex business solution concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences.
- Ability to travel 5-10% of the time to customer sites.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary & benefits package according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally. We like to Stay Nerdy!
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.