Quality Assurance Recife, Brazil
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and This Role
The Liferay Engineering team is looking for a QA Engineer with a solid knowledge of software testing, with the ability to create high-quality automated test software using open source solutions. The candidate has to be able to work with team members to identify test priorities, plan and execute test automation strategies for their teams, and ensure that the overall quality of the application is consistently improving.
- Improve testing approach and execution for the team by collaborating with the QA Engineers, Developer Leads, and other product stakeholders;
- Contribute to test plans for features based on established risk profiles and use cases as designed by the QA Lead;
- Contribute to overall test strategy for the development team;
- Communicate effectively with the Test and Developer Leads to understand priorities and goals;
- Develop and update automated and manual test cases as needed;
- Contribute to test plans and test strategies for features based on established risk profiles;
- Execute test cases as needed;
- Work directly with developers throughout the development process, providing support for development efforts from pull requests to the final merge;
- Write clear, concise, and thoroughly investigated defect reports;
- Perform root cause analysis research and effectively present findings to the cross-functional team
Work with Continuous Integration tooling and processes
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent level of knowledge
- Intermediate English knowledge is required since you are going to work with teams outside Brazil
- Experience developing automated tests (e.g. Webdriver, Cucumber, etc.) following maintainable design patterns (e.g. Page Object, etc.);
- Strong practical knowledge of SCM/VCS’ (Git / Mercurial / SVN) and related experience working with Github-based development.
- Experience using Issue Management systems (e.g. JIRA, etc.);
- Experience working as a QA Engineer on a cross-functional team/projects;
- Experience working with Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.) as part of an Agile Testing methodology;
- Familiarity with databases (such as MySQL, Oracle, etc);
- Familiarity with Java Application Servers (e.g. Tomcat)
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers, and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.