Sales Madrid, Spain
About You and this Role
Liferay is looking for an Account Executive to join the Liferay Iberia Region team with focus on both Spanish and Portuguese Market. The Account Executive will work to develop business and boost sales in the Direct Sales Channel.
- Develop and execute sales strategies in order to build a sales pipeline with the goal of meeting and exceeding assigned sales quota in all sectors. Highly valued previous experience with the FSI Market (banks and insurance companies)
- “Hands-on” development of new sales opportunities, lead follow up, and personal relationships.
- Analyze the Spanish and Portuguese markets and any local source of potential leads in order to increase and qualify the pipeline of opportunities.
- Drive direct-sales opportunities to closure, and establish strong, long-lasting relationships, which will yield On-going successes in accounts.
- Identify opportunities for marketing campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales. Work with marketing staff, when needed, to ensure that prerequisites are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Identify decision makers and buying process within an account.
- Work with other members of Liferay’s global sales organization on multi-national sales opportunities.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively with the Liferay team members, and “wear multiple hats” when it becomes necessary.
- Collaborate with the team in charge of defining and running events focused on educating the market on the value Liferay brings to the Enterprise user-engagement experience. Collaborate with the Marketing Department to communicate.
- Keep updated Salesforce as the corporate business tool, and generate internal reports for upper management.
- Act as a bridge between new customers and Liferay Account Managers.
- Engineering Degree from a four-year university program or equivalent with deep technical background.
- At least 3 years experience in a sales executive role with responsibility for meeting an individual sales quota.
- A proven track record of successfully selling enterprise-level software solution sales on premise but specially related to cloud computing, focus on PaaS and SaaS (e.g. Content Management, Portal, Web, Collaboration, ERP, CRM, eBusiness and/or eCommerce applications)
- Demonstrated ability to execute each phase of the sales cycle, from lead generation (cold calling, leveraging of channels and contacts) to lead qualification and sales close.
- Candidate must know how to identify customer pain points, speak business value vs. technical value, and how to sell enterprise software application solutions.
- Methodical approach for inbound and outbound customer calls.
- An excellent communicator with strong business, sales and financial acumen.
- Hands on, high efficiency and proactivity. Execution is a top priority on Liferay's philosophy.
- Understanding of the industry dynamics present among customers, especially Open Source business and values. Opens Source experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of the sales and delivery cycle of consulting projects.
- Fluent in Spanish and English. Other languages such as Portuguese and Italian are a plus.
- Travel within assigned territory is required.
- Expertise extracting, manipulating, generating reports and making conclusions from multiple data.
Liferay is a uniquely profitable open source software company with 850+ fiery-eyed employees scattered across the known world. Our flagship product is Liferay Digital Experience Platform which companies like HP, Barclays, and Coach use to build great web experiences for their customers and employees. Along with making cool software, we have a greater-than-profit vision that fuels us. We give employees 5 days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run.